Thursday, April 15, 2010

lahs ah rain.

it's raining cats and dogs. if anyone understands that expression, feel free to help me out. don't get it. never have. but it's really raining this morning and the door of the shop is open. THE BEST. my rainbows are soaked. poodles everywhere. (hahaha get it?! cats and dogs?? poodles/puddles? i'm the punniest). i'm chuckling right now. that's funny right there. reminds me of summer at the pool when someone throws my flip flops in. jerks. this doesn't happen often in lubbock, so i'm gonna enjoy it. i'm going to pretend i live in seattle. okay? okay. so, my sister informed me that she's going to a magical place called new york city this weekend and then denver the week after that. i think i'm supposed to be happy for her. but, today i kinda want to steal her spot. or at least the spot next to her on the plane. that's a bit nicer of me. she's never been to either spot and if i know her (and i dooooooooo) she's going to freak out. "in a good way." she will love it. i'm pretty pro at both cities due to my intricate knowledge of "elf" and "home alone 2-lost in new york" and also because i've been to both places. remember sis, kevin's aunt and uncle live on West 55th St., but they are renovating and are more likely to be in paris. and i might be wrong, but i never saw duncan's toy chest when i was there. hit up FAO swarz and see wicked at the gershwin. and serendipity has a long wait but it's so good. and go see yankee stadium. even if you don't like the team that buys championships. it's history. well, it was until they demolished the good yankee stadium. if you get me a tshirt i'll wear it. and see central park and the empire state. anywhose, my guess is she loves denver more. we'll see. she's NEVER seen the rockies. poor gal. God did good on those. i just had another meeting where God is really moving in the life of a high school kid. i'm so glad they're getting it. it's so fun to watch. and honestly, it's teaching me childlike faith. they just want Him. to be with Him. so challenging. they're learning to love the story of others at their schools. which. is. HUGE. and here's why i think that's pretty great. the reason they're starting to really love the story of others is because they've grown to deeply adore the story of their Maker.

it's that simple. love for Him fuels love for others.

g

1 comment:

lizg said...

It's so funny to read about myself on here. Thanks for the shout out Gar :) Let's see here...

1. New York is in 2 weeks (the end of this month.) I will be sure to take all of your advise on locations as well as take a TON OF PICTURES! I will buy you a shirt for sure. Promise. The only catch is you must take a pic of yourself wearing it at Sugar Browns and post it on the blog. Super excited about this trip! I figure if I survived living in the former Soviet Union for a year then I can take the Big Apple no prob :)

2. Denver will steal my heart. (Mid June) I love mountains over city any day! My heart is there. Should be great. Design conference and then hanging out with Beth Moore, Kay Arthur, and Priscilla Shirer (the trinity of women) Should be funny. Ready for some of God's beauty in the Rockies. Awesome.

3. My bags fly free on Southwest. That's all i have to say about that.

4. You are my favorite brother

done. enjoy the rain!